SLS free shampoo & silica free conditioner
Thanks for coming back to our blog. Hope you are enjoying the free content that we are offering. We love feedback so please leave your comments and tell us what you would like to hear about. Subscribe to the “Naturally clear and glowing skin in 5 days FREE e-course”.
I am on a hair care theme at the moment. And always when I bang on about hair care, I have to mention sodium laurel sulphate (SLS) so yes a bit more about how drying and irritating it is to your scalp however, in this video blog I also discuss the use of silica in conditioners. The cycle of hair washing is:
- we shampoo our hair because it is dirty
- the SLS in the shampoo strips the hair and scalp of natural oils so both are dry and hair is flyaway or frizzy
- we use conditioner with silica to reduce the frizziness created by the SLS
- the silica builds up on our hair leaving it feeling a bit flat and dull looking
- and start all over again, never getting the results we want so change products always looking for something that will give us healthy, shiny hair
Well this is my story anyway! And I didn’t get the results with my hair that I wanted until I had been using a good natural shampoo & conditioner for at least a month. It can take time to really see results when moving away from SLS and silica. Regardless, do yourself a favor and ditch the sodium laurel sulphate.
In this video I talk more about the cycle with SLS and silica above and discuss the Nature’s Symphony range of hair care.